Announcements are messages that you want to share with your participants. Messages could be information about multi-event discounts, special event-specific info or anything else you want to share.
Announcements can be included in a few different areas of the site:
- First page of registration - the place where participants select their race distance/class
- Upsell page of registration - the place where participants review their cart and are told about other events before they enter their billing info
- Confirmation receipt - the confirmation receipt that all participants are emailed after they register
- Donation receipt - the confirmation receipt donors receive after making a donation
- Public participant list - the public list of participants who have registered for your event (the People tab on your event page)
- Personal Info page of registration - the place participants enter their personal information
- Merchandise page of registration - the place participants are offered merchandise to purchase
- Manage Registration page - the place participants make edits to their completed registrations
- Event Store page - the public Event Store (the Store tab on your event page)
To Add an Announcement:
- On the left side of your dashboard go to Marketing then click on the Announcements link.
- Select the event for which you’d like to add an Announcement
- Click the Add Announcement button
- Select the location you want the text to show up
- Enter your message in the Copy box
- If you only want the message to appear for a certain period of time, you can set a start & end date (otherwise just leave that section blank)
- Even though you selected which event the announcement was for, it will default to show up on ALL events > make sure to select the radio button “Only the following events” if you want to limit the event where your message shows up
- Click Save
You can then go to the registration page and see how it looks!
HINT: You can use basic HTML in the Announcements section if you want to add bold, italics, underline, change font size, add an image or other similar fun formatting activities. See: Can I use HTML?
Here's what the process might look like: