If you have more than two race distances for your event (e.g. 10k, 5k), I can almost guarantee you that at least one person is going to want to make a switch.
imATHLETE lets participants make race/class changes on their own, without ever contacting you.
- Yes, they pay the difference between the new race and their original one
- Correct, we do *not* give a refund if the new race is less expensive
- Yes, you can charge a "change fee" and make more money
How Class Changes Work on imATHLETE
- Participant completes registration and gets a unique confirmation code
- Confirmation code allows them to access the Manage Registration page
- They click the Change Class option (if it's available)
- They select the race they want to do
- They make any updates necessary (e.g. new custom questions, additional payment due, etc.)
- Poof! They are automatically moved to the new race and removed from their original one
And through it all you're sleeping, or exercising, or getting sponsors, or doing whatever you do when you don't have to deal with the participant changes.
Want to see how participants change class on their own?
Two Reasons You Should Let Your Athletes Change Classes
- It takes the process off your hands
- You can make more money by charging a change fee
Change Class/Race: Best Practices + Things to Know
Change Fee: Consider charging a nominal change fee (e.g. $10 - $15), for changes made within 30 or 60 days prior to the event. This can easily turn into thousands of dollars in new revenue for you.
Deadline: Turn off the ability to make changes when you start downloading final data.
How to Set It Up
- Go into Event Setup
- Click Cancellation, Deferral, Waitlist on the left sidebar
- Under Manage Class Changes, indicate the deadline
- Indicate whether you want to charge a change fee
- If yes, indicate how much you want to charge and the date charging should begin
- Click Save & Continue
Now maybe put some wording on your website letting people know that they can make changes on their own!