Let's say you want to offer participants a certain item, but you have limitations on the amount available. Perhaps there is a bus ride to the start line, but a only certain number of seats for each departure time. This is where custom questions with limits come in.
The basic idea of custom questions with limits is that you can set "inventory" amounts and have options automatically sell out once no inventory remains.
HOW TO SET UP A CUSTOM QUESTION WITH LIMITS
- From the Custom Questions page, click Add Custom Question With Limits
- Enter the Question
- Click Add New Limit
- Enter the first potential answer, including the limit/inventory available
- Indicate if/when you want to show a countdown of remaining slots
- Indicate if you want to hide the option when full, or just say sold-out
- Repeat the above four steps for other answers
- Select applicable classes
- Click Save
You've done it!! Congratulations. You've just made your life a lot easier and your participants very happy.
OTHER CUSTOM QUESTION QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT
Set up custom questions
How do I reorder questions?
What standard questions are automatically asked?
Can I hide registration questions from the form?
What USA Triathlon (USAT) questions are automatically asked?
What custom questions should I ask?
Can I ask questions of specific classes/races?
How do questions work for teams?
Text Messaging: How does it work and why should I do it?
Estimated finish time question