Let’s first make sure we are all clear on imATHLETE terminology.
- Event = Name of your overall event (i.e. Joe’s Marathon Weekend)
- Class = Different sports/races within your event (i.e. Marathon, Half Marathon, etc.)
- Category = Divisions (i.e. Elite, Wheelchair, etc.)
Now that we’ve got that out of the way, let’s get back to your question… how to create new categories. Here's how:
- Go into Event Set-Up (click “edit” next to the relevant event name on your main Dashboard)
- Click Classes + Categories (left side of page)
- Click edit next to the relevant Class
- Either check the boxes of the relevant categories or click the Add Another Category button and, well, add another category
- Don’t forget to click the “Save This Class” button!