Let's just make sure we're all on the same page with terminology.
DEFER = allow somebody to cancel from an event and move to a different event
TRANSFER = allow somebody to cancel from an event and sell their slot to another person
1. Make more money by charging a deferral fee
2. Fill up your other events that maybe aren't doing as well
3. It shows you care about the participants. Happy participants means more participants.
4. Did I mention that you can make more money?
1. End Date: Make sure the offer ends at least 14 days prior to the event. People can access weather patterns at that point and we can all agree that you don't want participants deferring due to weather.
2. Deferral Fee: We see it in the $10 - $25 range, or up to 50% of the entry fee.
3. Event Options: Give them two or more options for the event they want to defer to (including the same event the following year)
IMPORTANT: In order to let people defer to the same event next year, you need to get next year's event in imATHLETE and in Preview Mode. You do *not* need to finalize pricing or anything else. The event just needs to be listed.