In order to (hopefully) meet your every need, imATHLETE gives you 8 different options for setting up team registration. Yup, 8 of 'em. You probably didn't even know there were so many different considerations, eh.
Here's what it basically boils down to:
- Individual Registration: Gives registrants the option to join a team. It is not required
- Team (non-relay): Like individual registration but requires registrants to be on a team
- Relay Team: Requires all relay participants to be registered at one time
For Individual and Team (non-relay) options, you also have the following choices:
- Create or Join a team: Registrants can either create a new team or join an existing one
- Create a team only: If you have a Team Captain sign-up option, use this.
- Join a team only: If you have a Team Captain option, you'll need a Team Member registration option. This is it. They can't create a team, they can only join an existing one.
HOW TO GET TO THE TEAM SETUP
- Go to Event Setup
- Click Classes + Categories (left side)
- Click Edit next to the Class name (or learn how to create a Class here)
- In the "Class Type" section, you'll see the team options
Check it out here...
IMPORTANT: Team names go across classes. For instance, if you allow teams for a 5k and a 10k class, all the teams that show for the 5k will also appear in the 10k registration dropdown, and vice versa.