You have a couple different options you can use to switch a participant from one event to another event. The first option is to cancel their existing registration and issue a discount code for the participant to use on a new registration. The other option is to manually add the participant to the new event and then cancel the incorrect registration. Here's how you can do each:
To Cancel and issue a discount code
- From your dashboard, click participant details next to your event title
- Search for the participant who needs to change
- Click once on the row that contains this participant's information to select the row
- Click the Cancel/Refund Participant link that appears above
- Select Cancel + Discount Code option
- Code Amount: select 100% of amount paid (if the new registration is more expensive, the participant will pay the difference)
- Select a reason for the cancellation and save
The participant will receive an email containing a discount code to sign up for the new event.
It looks like this:
Alternatively, you can manually switch the participant
- Follow the instructions in Enter an offline/manual registration to add your participant to the new event. You can use the autofill feature to add their information quickly.
- Cancel the participant's original registration by following the instructions Cancel a participant's registration. Choose the option to Cancel only.