What is CrowdRise?
CrowdRise is the world’s top fundraising site for charitable and personal causes. They help others raise money online for causes AND (the important part), "have the most fun in the world while doing it."
You can check them out at CrowdRise.com.
What does the integration do?
This integration allows you to (you guessed it) integrate CrowdRise fundraising right into your imATHLETE registration flow. Meaning, as someone is registering for your event they'll be able to choose a charity to fundraise for and then a CrowdRise fundraising page will automatically be created for them. No need for your registrants to click outside of registration to set up a fundraising page. It's as seamless as can be.
Here's how to enable and integrate CrowdRise into your event!
Step 1 - Add your CrowdRise event to your imATHLETE account
- From your dashboard, click the red manage my campaigns link at the top right of the page (if you don't see this link, contact your company administrator to be sure you have fundraising access)
Click the Add a Campaign on the left-hand side
1. Select CrowdRise for your fundraising platform.
2. Enter the name your fundraising campaign on imATHLETE (you can change it later)
3. Choose whether or not you already a CrowdRise account
4. If you do, click the Yes, I Do button move on to the next step
5. If you don't, click the Nope, I Need To Set One Up button and go create your fundraising page on CrowdRise
6. Once you've got your fundraising URL, scroll down and enter it at the bottom of the pop up
7. As long as the URL you entered was valid, you'll be taken back to your dashboard and will see a status of Awaiting CrowdRise Approval until CrowdRise approves the integration (usually less than two business days).
Plan ahead: approval can take up to two business days!
Step 2 (optional) - Add charities to your campaign
In your CrowdRise Event Summary pane, if you have multiple charities set up in your CrowdRise event, you will have the option to Add/Remove charities using the link next to your CrowdRise event on your imATHLETE fundraising dashboard. Click that link to add or remove charities to your campaign. These are the charities that will appear in the drop down selection for your athletes during registration.
Step 3 - Attach the campaign to events and classes
Once CrowdRise approves your integration (your status will show Connected), you will see a red Add/remove imATHLETE events link next to your CrowdRise event. Click that to select which events and classes will offer that campaign during registration for your imATHLETE events.
This popup will allow you to specify which events are associated with a particular campaign as well as specific classes.
Be sure to click the box to the left of the event name to include the campaign in the registration flow. The Classes column will default to All. You can select particular classes by clicking All and then selecting a class. Repeat for as many classes as needed.
You can then specify whether a charity selection is optional or required.
Finally, the last column will allow for team creation.
The registration flow
The registration flow for this is quite simple. For any event that has been added to a CrowdRise campaign, your registrants will see two additional questions on the Personal Info page of registration:
1. Select a charity to fundraise for (optional vs required shown below)
2. Select or create your team / individual fundraising name.
The registrant will receive two follow up emails:
- Registration confirmation from imATHLETE
- Fundraising confirmation from CrowdRise
The CrowdRise email looks something like this:
That's it! Questions? Reach out tordsupport@imATHLETE.com!