imATHLETE has an automated waitlist. In other words, when an event is sold out, registrants are prompted to sign up for the waitlist. When somebody cancels themselves from the event, the first person on the waitlist is automatically notified via email and moved into the event.
Two reasons you should have a waitlist for your sold out event
1. Make more money
2. Ensure that your event is always sold out - even after participants cancel
Waitlist policy: best practices + things to know
1. PRICE: imATHLETE automatically charges waitlist participants the full entry fee to be on the waitlist. If they don't get in, they will automatically receive a discount code valid for another event in your company within the number of months you specify in the setup. (See below.)
2. AVAILABLE SLOTS: Limit the number of waitlist slots to about the same number of expected cancellations.
3. REFUNDS: If people don't get in on the waitlist, you can go into Participant Details, cancel them and issue a refund if you like. Learn how here. You may also want to expire the discount code they were issued.
The waitlist will only activate once your entire event is sold out and will not take into account individual class limits. Even if one class sells out, the waitlist will not be enabled until your whole event is full.
Set up your waitlist
- From your dashboard, click the red change link under the name of your event
- Scroll down to the Advance Settings box, and make sure there is a next to "Maximum Number of Registration." If not, add it, and click Save & Continue at the bottom of the page.
- Click the Cancellation, Deferral, Waitlist link on the left sidebar
- Under Waitlist Policy, click Yes next to "Automatically create waitlists when your events sell out?"
- Set the waitlist fee to 100% of the registration fee (should be the only option)
- Set the number of months the discount code is valid if a participant doesn't make it into the event
- Indicate the number of slots available next to "How many waitlist slots..." We recommend 3-5% of participants
- Click Save & Continue
That's it! Done. Isn't making money simple?
What your athletes see
If your event is sold out and the waitlist is enabled, your athletes will see something like this on the registration page:
They'll also need to agree to the waitlist terms. The company name and discount code terms are set up in the Cancellation, Deferral, Waitlist setup above, the rest cannot be edited.
Once someone is selected from the waitlist, they'll receive an email similar to this: