We don't want to speak for you and can't necessarily tell you what questions to ask, but we can give you a few ideas of what others are doing.
First and foremost, you don't have to ask any custom questions at all. You can make registration quick and simple with just the standard questions. However, with the goal of promoting and growing your event, here are a few suggestions to ponder.
- Frequency: Have you done this event before? If so, how many times?
- Race Habits: How many events do you do per year?
- Advertising: How did you hear about this event?
Sponsor Information: Ask your sponsors what question would be helpful to them in registration. It adds more value to the sponsorship
Participant Communication-Type Solutions
- Text messaging questions: Even if you aren't going to use our text messaging system, we *highly* recommend you collect this information as it will be important to you now and in the future.
- Announcer Information: Participants love hearing stuff about themselves when they cross the finish. And your announcer will thank you for giving them something new to say.